First Order Stormtrooper Premier Kit - Update
Current Shipping Estimate: Spring 2018 (March 20 - June 20) through Summer 2018 (June 21 - September 21)
Latest Update: June 4th, 2018
Production of these kits remains smooth and they continue to be on schedule to be delivered Spring into Summer 2018. If you haven’t already done so, please contact our friendly Product Specialists to verify your order and that your shipping address is up-to-date. You can reach them either by responding to this email, or through Live Chat on ANOVOS.com from Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm PST.
- February 7th, 2018: As of today, we anticipate shipping to begin in Spring 2018 and continue through Summer 2018. We have closed out pre-orders for these items, as we get closer to the projected shipping date. Unlike the Classic Imperial Stormtrooper, the armor pieces for this build-it-yourself kit will now be pre-trimmed making final assembly much easier. Customers will be personally notified directly when their order is ready to ship, as well as given the opportunity to remit payment for the final shipping & handling charges for their kit.
- December 4th, 2017: We previously anticipated this kit to be available for a Fall 2017 delivery. However, it was determined that this is unfortunately not the case. This season our production team has been working closely with our manufacturers on remaking the armor molds in steel, as well as beginning preliminary test pulls with these updated steel molds. While the test pulls initiated thus far have proven the updates have successfully eliminated previous imperfections, we are still hard at work to complete the remaining test pulls. Thus, the armor pieces for this kit remain in the pre-production stage. In reviewing these details, we must update our shipping estimate to Winter 2017.
- August 29th, 2017: This kit product is still on track for our anticipated delivery during Fall 2017. As indicated in the March update below, many of the various components included in this kit were either near completion or completed. Upon review of the armor pieces our quality control team discovered that several pieces did not meet our high quality standards and these imperfections warranted the halt of production on these pieces. To be more specific, as part of the quality control process, we randomly 3D scan our own vacuform bucks. During this process, we found a couple issues that they decided to take action on : life of the mold and inaccuracy. The first thing we discovered was that these molds only had a maximum half life of a few more pulls which would have then compromised the integrity and wastage of subsequent pulls. Secondly, by bringing these molds into the 3D environment, we realized contouring issues that didn’t allow for the armor to line up correctly. Therefore, we decided to not only remake the molds in steel, but we also decided to go back to scans we had taken from the original armor actually used on set and reprint them for the purposes of this kit. In essence, for quality and accuracy reasons the armor pieces have returned to the early pre-production stage. While this was an unexpected change during the production process, our team has assigned extra personnel to the project and as such we do not foresee this affecting the anticipated delivery window of Fall 2017.
- June 9th, 2017: As noted in the March update below, upon near-completion of the helmets included in this kit our production team had to return to the pre-production stage. While we originally anticipated we would be able to expedite the production and manufacturing process in order to ensure a Spring delivery, after further careful review of our production schedule, it was determined that this is unfortunately not the case. The helmets are currently in the final stages of pre-production. As such, we have updated our shipping estimate for this item to Fall 2017. Please note that once the helmets are in their production stage we will be shipping orders as product becomes available, starting with the oldest orders.
- March 16th, 2017: This kit is in its final stages of production with many of its various components either near completion or completed. However, upon review of the helmets our quality control team discovered surface imperfections covering enough of the helmet to warrant halting production. Further evaluation determined that the moulds themselves needed to be retired and remade. This has affected delivery of all premier helmets including the helmets created for this kit.