BATTLESTAR GALACTICA™ The Ladies of Galactica: Gallery Collection
Be the first to receive updates when this item is available by signing up for our Priority Interest List by clicking the button below.
Venus. Mona Lisa. Adle Bloch-Bauer. Whistler's Mother. Dora Maar. To the list of iconic women immortalized in painted works, QMx adds a quartet of steely beauties from Battlestar Galactica.
Artist Megan Lara has created portraits in the style of some acclaimed masters. They include:
- Kara "Starbuck" Thrace. With cigar in hand and a haunting gaze, the gifted Viper pilot is drawn in the style of Polish Art Deco painter Tamara de Lempicka. Tenebrism – the very pronounced use of chiaroscuro – adds dramatic effect.
- Sharon "Athena" Agathon. The second Number Eight Cylon embraces her young daughter Hera in our portrait, which takes inspiration from the highly ornamental Art Nouveau style of Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt.
- Laura Roslin. The President of the Twelve Colonies takes on a ethereal glow that harkens to the photo-realistic style of French academic painter William-Adophe Bouguereau. She is shown seated in a stone throne, reading the Book of Pythia.
- Number Six. With her pale skin against the dark a curve-hugging dress and darker background, our seductive humanoid Cylon Number Six evokes comparisons to John Singer Sargent's portrait of Madame X.
A fifth print, a pop art version of Number Six done á la Lichtenstein, is available separately.
- Size: 18 in wide x 24 in high (45.72 cm wide x 60.96 cm high)
- Material: 100-lb, satin-finish paper
This 3rd party item can only be shipped in the United States and Canada. Other items may not share the same territory coverage, as noted on their respective product pages. Orders from territories not listed above will be cancelled & refunded.